Thursday 20 January 2011

Bee happy ..... make a clock

Husband was cutting up some wood to burn on the fire the other day and he thought he was showing off his cutting skills by making a heart shape in the wood for me.  I immediately saw a making activity and promptly asked him to cut a better heart shape (from my own drawing) so I could turn it into a clock.

Bet husband wished he wasn't so good with his jigsaw.

I used flower buttons for the numbers and ordered a clock mechanism from Amazon.  All I had to do (with help from my lovely assistant, husband) was chisel out a section on the back of the clock for the mechanism to fit so the heart was flat to the wall when it was hung up.

I painted the heart in green to match my kitchen units which are the same colour.

Am really pleased with the finished look.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, I love to read them all!