Monday 11 November 2013

Bee happy ..... gift wrap your stairs

I had seen this image on Pinterest and really liked the idea of a different step/design going up the stairs.
 
 
When we decorated the stairs and hallway I chose to paint a grey runner up the stairs with a white base.
 

I decided I wanted a change as the grey paint was looking tired and scuffed so I went off hunting for different wallpapers but couldn't find just what I was looking for, they weren't special enough.
 
I then had an idea of using wrapping paper.

 
I went off to Paperchase and bought several different wrapping paper sheets in pretty designs and colours.

 
After painting over the worn grey steps several times for a solid white step I then added a different paper on each riser using wallpaper paste to stick it down.





 
Now the paper has dried I am really pleased with the result and when I get fed up of this I can easily change it again :)
 
Bee happy x

10 comments:

  1. You're so funny and soooo creative, Deb. I actually love how your stairs turned out. I think they are much nicer than the pinterest photo because their stairs are too visually "cluttered", and I think it would be easy to trip or miss a step. Yours are cheerier, too :)

    Blessings for more creative ideas,
    Marianne xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love your stairs. So unique, different and bright and happy.
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Utterly brilliant. Did you varnish the papers? Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. very very very nice stairs...love your blog
    Lorena

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look wonderful, so fresh, and different
    SueXxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved the grey but the wallpaper looks wonderful, so bright and cheerful, x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow.... such a fantastic effect..!!
    Clever lady. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What glue did you use, and did you vanish the paper?
    It looks great (y)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I love to read them all!