Tuesday 28 January 2014

Bee happy ..... suitcase makeover

I was lucky enough to win this cute vintage suitcase on eBay a little while ago :)
 
 
The insides were in a bit of a state with peeling paper so I decided to give it a little make over to cheer it up.

 
I had this tissue paper from Paperchase so decided to use this.

 
I cut strips of the tissue paper and used Mod Podge to glue into place and then varnished over the top of the paper too for protection.




 
I love the insides of my suitcase now and smile every time I open it :)
 
Bee happy x

8 comments:

  1. wonderful the "new" suitcase
    Annamaria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Deborah...Thank you so much for my lovely Giveaway parcel which arrived with my postman today!
    Love your vintage suitcase makeover too....x
    Happy Tuesday,
    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I managed to buy 2 vintage suitcases from a car boot last season, in preparation for my daughters wedding. One of them is going to become the seating plan. Your makeover was lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deb, you certainly do have a way of cheering up things. What a great storage place now.

    Hugs,
    Marianne xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thrilling Find! I love the handle and hardware! Oh I do miss how things were perfectly made and full of character! A new life for a wonderful treasure....So where are WE offf tooooo? xoxoDebi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way!!! I love thosevold suitcases!!! And you update also!!!
    Xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I love to read them all!