My stool makeover has been successful at last!
If you remember the screw was peaking out on top which I covered with tape.
Unfortunately the napkins weren't thick enough to cover this tape and would need many several more layers to work.
I had an idea of using red and white spot fabric instead which worked perfectly and covered the tape really well.
I cut the fabric to size and put mod podge over the stool and put the fabric over.
I put mod podge around the edges of the stool but didn't use it on top of the fabric so it didn't look too shiny. But at least the edges of the fabric shouldn't lift up where they have been folded under.
I am really pleased with the finished stool and it goes really well in Mr Happy's office with the red, white and blue theme :)
Bee happy x