Tuesday 30 August 2011

Bee happy .... change a lamp

Remember this lamp?


I've made changes to it now.


Firstly, I tilted the lamp on the fruit bowl so I could turn the shade around when gluing on the pom pom trim.


I started the trim on the shade seam and finished there to make it look tidier.



I made some flowers and leaves with net and voile.


I glued these flowers on to the shade and added a bow and lots of buttons using my wonderful glue gun.


On every circle on the shade I glued a button on.

I love the finished look, shabby and vintage.


And finally, just for Mrs Exeter a close up of the Westie dog cushion I made.


Buttons for eyes and nose :)

I actually used an old cushion cover and cut it into the shape of a dog, stitched up the sides and then filled it.

Just putting my office back together now, filling shelves etc, stay tuned for finished pics :)

Bee happy x
Have a delicious day!

14 comments:

  1. Clever you. The westie dog is so cool xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. well done they look great. I do love the doggie cusshion especially!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, what a change in the lamp, its so pretty.The cushion is great, well done.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now it 's a very lovely lamp!
    Annamaria

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow both of these little projects look great. What a transformation of that lamp and the cushion is so cute xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Westie cushion is utterly gorgeous!!!

    Jem xXx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely,my colours,shame it is not in the mail lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had a hunch you would be using pom-poms!
    Gorgeous cushion...really cute. ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You gave that shade a whole new life...very creative!

    Blessings,
    Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brilliant lamp makeover and love that cushion. M x

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! Talk about "Crafty!!" :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. adore the dog cushion, i want one!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i adore the lamp and the cushion dog! absolutely cute that u use buttons, flowers and leaves of the lamp and the pom poms are just making me sigh with envy! loveeee them both! x susan

    ReplyDelete
  14. You always amaze me! You are so creative and original. Very pretty.
    Love, Linda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I love to read them all!