Friday 5 August 2011

Bee happy ...... there's something fishy going on!

Just wanted to share a tip with you.  My summer house doors used to blow in the wind when I left them open, not no more as I had a genius idea of filling some cute buckets with sand and using them as door stops.



They work a treat and no more trapped doggy noses!


I made this at uni and it has been boxed up ever since.  I decide to put it in pride of place in my summer house so I can look at it.


The fish swim around in the waves with a greedy shark following close behind and while the fish are swimming the seagulls are also circling above in the sky.


The seahorse on the back is the handle which makes all of the cogs turn in side making the action happen up front!


Cute sign I found on holiday in Devon, had to have it :)


Made some more fish, I've put these in my Etsy shop or otherwise hubby says I'd have enough fish in my summer house to run and fish and chip shop ;)

Bee happy x
Have a delicious day!


19 comments:

  1. I love the fishy "mobile", fancy having it boxed up all this time! Bees Welcome is made just for you! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun little ocean mobile!! Oh, I hope you don't get the kind of wind we have here in Kansas, or you will be cleaning up a lot of sand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clever you making that lovely mobile! I like your idea for a doorstop.I'm using a big pebble from the beach for my Summer house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha love the fish! and the door stop and the lovely mobile and you too! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely makes, I'm surprised you haven't made a fabric doorstop full of sand :)
    Sue Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the tips Bee! i think it's a marvelous and cute idea to put a bucket full of sand for doorstop! loving your creation of those fishes with seagulls and shark! cute sea horse too,you're soooo talented! what a funny thing your hubby said about ur adorable fishes! hahaha..wishing u a lovely weekend! x susan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant ideas all of them, but especially the door stops ~ fabulous idea!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am liking the bucket of sand as a doorstep idea. The mobile is so cute, with the fish and seagulls (be careful fishies of the shark!).

    ReplyDelete
  9. All great ideas or finds, I do love those fish. G

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your little work shop is adorable!!!! So so sweet. Happy happy week to you my friend. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a cute sign! Totally was meant to come home with you :o) Scarlett x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for your comments! Yes, we will celebrate in style and start buying all those things we have wanted for a while, but not dared to buy!
    -x-

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely fishies - such a cute mobile.
    Great tip for keeping the door open too!
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your summerhouse and I would paint mine that same colour - if I had one, which I haven't. Nevermind, we haven't got much of a summer either at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a sweet little bucket. I like the way the bottom of the heart can be the pouring spout of the bucket. Very lovely!

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the Bee's Welcome sign! I want one too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the fish! Your yard is lovely, it looks like a little piece of heaven. One day I'm going to make it to the UK fleas!
    Jackie
    bliss farm antiques

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great idea for a doorstop, only wish I had a summerhouse! The fish are completely adorable.
    Have a lovely day and hoping you are safe.
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh what a great idea for a door stop!
    Love it, Lady Linda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I love to read them all!