Monday 9 July 2012

Bee happy .... a visit to Clovelly in North Devon

Mr Happy and I have just spent a couple of days in North Devon.

We visited Clovelly for the first time and even though it was raining we had a great day there.

We found Ann Jarvis Designs/Clovelly Silk in the Lower Yard.


 Ann Jarvis Designs/Clovelly Silk is run by Ann and her husband Bill with their daughter Ellie.

Inside was full of wonderful fabrics and scarves which had been screen printed.




This is where Kirstie Allsopp and Phil Spencer had a go at screen printing for their TV programme 'Kirstie & Phil's Perfect Christmas'




Ann and Bill

Ann and Bill were so lovely and friendly and Bill showed me the huge printing table and screen print frame that they use which you can see in the picture behind them.

Courses for screen printing are run here and are very popular but it is a shame that we were only here for one day otherwise I would have booked myself in :)

I made a couple of purchases which Bill kindly wrapped carefully for me to keep them safe on the journey home.







My own screen printing set.





Ann and Bill also gave me a few samples of their printing.




This design is Clovelly itself and can be seen on their website in more detail.

Stay tuned for more photos of our North Devon adventure and some screen printing.

Bee happy x
Have a delicious day!

10 comments:

  1. I've visited Clovelly when our son was 3 and hes now 20, so quite some time ago. Lovely, magical place well worth a visit. Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a delightful adventure, Deb dear...nice to hear you're enjoying yourself.

    Blessings for an enjoyable journey,
    Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a wonderful time! I love screen printing, though not done any since I was at school :)
    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely! Have wonderful memories of our trip to Clovelly and the steep walk down the village on the cobbles to the little harbour.
    Have fun with your printer! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a lovely day, I was last in Clovelly when I was a teenager! I loved it. It's so special when you come home with some lovely goodies to try out as well.
    Sue Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you had such a lovely day!! Have fun screen printing!!! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like a lovely shop to go to. Have a great time with the screen printing. I remember doing a bit of it as a child, at our school..we all did some t-shirts with various designs. It was a lot of fun.
    Magie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fab place! I had meant to go to Clovelly but our last Devon trip got rained off so we had to skip it. Maybe next year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. HI there, I just noticed you visited me and came for a peek - what a lovely shop you found in Clovelly and a very gifted shop owner too. Lots of interesting things on your blog - nice to meet you. Betty

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh I'd love to have a go at screen-printing, failing that, a trip to Devon (with sun please). The shop looks gorgeous, I'd really like one of those shop cabinets as shown in the background of your photo, the storage!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I love to read them all!