I bought this Cath Kidston king size quilt cover in TK Maxx a couple of weeks ago and put it to one side because my bed is only a double. I know, it doesn't fit, I know, but couldn't help it, had to buy it before someone else did!!
Notice the bargain price?
I couldn't help it girls, I cut it up!!
I never thought I would butcher anything CK but it just happened!
I cut both sides and the top off so it was 200 x 200cm to fit a double (leaving seam allowance) leaving the press studs along the bottom still.
I added strips of spotty fabric and edged with gingham ribbon.
I cut a panel off the top altogether and added more spotty material.
Then I used a strip of the CK quilt which had been snipped to add a strip to the top part.
I edged in lace and more gingham ribbon.
I then sewed all the sides up and hey presto a new quilt that fits!
Hope you love it as much as I do :)
I got the idea after seeing some absolutely gorgeous PIP quilt covers which I couldn't afford in John Lewis.
Bee happy x
Have a delicious day!