Monday 28 January 2013

Bee happy ..... make a notice board

I have been busy making a notice board this weekend.
 
I had a wooden frame left from the kitchen fitters when they put our kitchen together.
 
I sprayed it with white paint.
 
 
I then with the help of Mr Happy cut some chicken wire to size and stapled this to the back of the frame. As the wire was from a roll 4 hands were great as the roll kept curling back up until cut to size.


 
Because the cut ends were really sharp I then used my glue gun and stuck down some thick felt over these to cover them up.

 
My new notice board is ready.
 
I can use it both ways and if I want to hang it on the wall I will just use some ribbon tied around the frame.
 

 
Hope you like my new notice board.
 
All of the hearts are available to buy in my shop.
 
Also, don't forget to enter my Valentines giveaway if you haven't already done so, the link to the giveaway post is in my sidebar.
 
Bee happy x

14 comments:

  1. I like your new notice board,really good idea:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely noticeboard, Deb! And your gorgeous hearts set it off a treat! :-)


    Jem xXx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its lovely! A great idea!
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute! That is such a great idea to use the felt to pad those sharp metal points on the back. I have a cabinet with chickenwire doors and am always poking myself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love this Deb, looks fabulous!

    Hope you are well,

    Hugs, Estelle xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog - I love yours, I'm so glad to have found it! This notice board is lovely, re/up-cycling things is the best :) Have a great day! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Deb,
    This looks wonderful..I see the theme of hearts going on here!
    love it..
    Have a sweet, joyful and happy week❤
    Xo
    Dagmar

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it and all those hearts are so pretty!!! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a pretty notice board, Deb, and the hearts hanging from it add such charm...perfect for St. Valentine's Day!

    Oh, I'm so behind...had a bad reaction to an antibiotic (at least I think it was that...not taking another to find out). Catching up on my blog friends now. Have a great day, dear.

    Marianne xox

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thats a fabulous idea ;-) dee x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very clever, I like how you can just peg things on.
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I love to read them all!